Roger Girke is one funky blues playing, road tested guitarist, singer and writer whose career has spanned over 4,000 live shows, concerts and festivals and numerous recording sessions and releases.
Roger started out performing in the eastern PA/NJ area, eventually joining the legendary Philadelphia area roots rock band Pickins (Capitol/Ariola), followed by tours and recording with Sharks (Elektra), Robert Hazard (RCA), and many others. Since the 90's roger has released 5 CD's with his band and has regularly performing at blues festivals, clubs and concerts throughout the Mid-Atlantic. In that time he has also recorded and performed with Gary Allegretto (Los Angeles, CA), Sam Cockrell (Chicago, IL) Jimmy Pritchard (DE) and others.
The Roger Girke Band was a top 10 finalist in the 2009 International Blues Challenge and also two time top tier CD finalists* in 2005 and 2009 (The IBC is an annual event in Memphis which has been a career launchpad for Keb Mo, Susan Tedeschi, Michael Burks, Eden Brent and many others). Roger' s CD releases include:
- Roger Girke and The Funkytwisters – “We Got The Funky Blues” Teletone 2001
- The Roger Girke Band – “My Baby Loves That Stuff” Teletone 2004 "Top 5 Self-Produced CD" 2005 International Blues Challenge*
- The Roger Girke Band – “Shake It” Teletone 2008 “Top 6 Self-Produced CD” award, 2009 International Blues Challenge*
- Roger Girke – “Piece Of Work” RG3Records 2013 - contains nine self penned tracks
- Roger Girke and The Wandering Souls - "Silver Lining" Teletone 2017
Roger Girke CD releases are available at www.rogergirke.com, iTunes, Amazon.com and CDBaby.